Sunday, January 5, 2014

There is Love in the Air!


Another Pinterest inspired creation!  I saw the heart made out of recycled, coiled paper (bottom picture) and originally thought it was made from spools of thread.  I had a jar of  mostly red and pink old spools of thread, so I got out my glue gun, and glued them together in a heart shape.  I threaded some coral colored ribbon through a couple of the spools, and, done!  (Top shot)  I have some heart- themed pictures and quilts in the Stairway to Heaven, so that is where it now hangs.  I think I may be in a Valentine mood.  The 14th of February in 2014...must mean that this is a very special Valentine's  Day coming up, right?  Normally we don't do anything too special, but there is another Pinterest post that I just might put to use:
It uses one box of Hungry Jack® Easy Pack™ Funfetti® Valentine's Buttermilk Pancake Mix (what???).  I also have the perfect gift picked out for myself (also pinned to my Pinterest board "Want!"):
This throw is from Sundance, so, of course, it is just slightly overpriced.  Anyone that has been to our house knows that I have just a few blankets/afghans/throws...this isn't a case of need.  It does fit in well with the post, though, doesn't it?  Jerilynn


2 comments:

  1. Your spool photo was shared today via Facebook. I plan to gather my spools and make this! I'll cover some spools with red or pink fabric straps because I know I'll need more of those colors. Thanks!!! 1.21.24

    ReplyDelete